Proving Damages for Slip and Fall Injuries in Texas
In the minds of many, slip and fall injury cases represent the classic negligence lawsuit, and even children’s cartoons have worked the banana peel gag for decades. Nevertheless, people can and do get hurt by falling on wet or slippery surfaces. In many cases, our attorneys can prove that the owner of the property is responsible for the plaintiff’s damages. In fact, slip and fall accidents have formed an important focus for our practice since 1991.
If you need legal advice about your alternatives in a slip and fall injury case, contact a knowledgeable premises liability lawyer at the Law Offices of Jason Khattar in San Antonio for a free consultation. Over the years, our law firm has developed considerable expertise with the proof of damages claims for slip and fall injuries. We know how to investigate and prove liability in cases involving such dangerous property conditions as the following:
- Wet floors in supermarkets, apartment building common areas, office buildings, convenience stores, shopping malls, or other structures
- Defective maintenance of such building elements as handrails, stairways, porches or balconies
- Trip and fall accidents on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces, or in poorly lit hallways
- Parking lot accidents caused by poor maintenance, uneven pavement, or confusing signs
- Accidents caused by dangerous conditions in swimming pools, elevators, escalators, unsecured construction sites or other private property
- Dog bite injury cases
Proving liability for slip and fall injuries in Texas depends on proving that the property owner was responsible for the accident. Write down the names and phone numbers of witnesses and the store manager. Get medical treatment and follow your doctor’s instructions. Call a lawyer as soon as you can.
Even a simple slip and fall injury case can involve a complicated question as to who was more at fault: the owner of the property who failed to clean up a spill, or the accident victim who didn’t watch his step. At the Law Offices of Jason Khattar, our long experience with the investigation and proof of premises liability claims and defenses can help you understand the strengths and weaknesses of your case, and can help you recover the damages you need whenever we identify a sound basis for holding the property owner accountable.
To learn more about our experience with collecting damages for slip and fall injuries on private or public property, Contact us HERE for a free consultation with our knowledgeable premises liability attorneys in San Antonio.