Extra Recovery Beyond Workers Compensation in Workplace Accidents
If you got injured at your workplace and someone else was responsible for it, you may qualify for workers’ compensation. Consult an experienced work accident lawyer San Antonio at Khattar Law, LLC, and discuss your workplace accident details. Call 210-923-1234 to book your first free consultation.
Our attorneys can help you get compensation for all the damages you have faced due to workplace accidents. We have more than two decades of experience, and our team has handled numerous work accident cases in these years.
About a century ago, when factories and other workplaces were far more dangerous than they are today, state legislatures across the United States passed a law. It intended to help injured employees recover lost income and medical treatment for injuries suffered at work.
The workers’ compensation system was and remained intended to serve as a streamlined means of protecting injured employees. While it is unnecessary to prove negligence on the part of an employer or coworker, neither are many elements of personal injury damages available to injured employees under workers’ compensation laws in Texas and elsewhere.
Don’t assume that your right to a financial recovery begins and ends with workers’ compensation. Contact a knowledgeable work injury attorney at the Khattar Law, LLC, for a free consultation about your rights in the aftermath of a severe workplace accident.
Common Causes of Workplace Accidents-
There can be various reasons for a workplace accident. Be it an accident, and any injury, if that accident and damages caused due to other’s negligence at the workplace, you can file a claim.
- Negligence- It can be a negligent behavior of a driver, vendor, supplier, independent contractor, or other party related to the employer.
- Overexertion- A fatal accident or severe injury can happen when a person lifts heavy objects without any needful rest, rigorous work in a repetitive motion, and similar hard work. You will be amazed to know that, among all workplace injuries in the United States, overexertion injuries account for around 33.54 percent.
- Availability of supplemental insurance carried by individual employers to take the place of workers’ compensation
- employer’s failure to carry either workers’ comp insurance or supplemental insurance
- Using faulty pieces of equipment can also be a significant reason.
- Trips, slip, and fall accidents are quite common in construction sites. People descend on an unclean surface with excess oil or other types of fluids lying on the floor. It is the responsibility of the site supervisor and other management to keep the premises safe for workers.
According to the National Safety Council, https://www.nsc.org/work-safety/tools-resources/infographics/workplace-injuries, a worker gets injured at the workplace every 7 seconds.
If the employer carries supplemental insurance or no insurance, the general rule against a personal injury lawsuit against the company for workplace accident damages does not apply. On the one hand, you’ll need to prove negligence against the employer or someone under the employer’s control.
On the other hand, the full range of negligence damages will be available to you upon establishing the employer’s liability. These include payment for pain and suffering and other losses that the workers’ compensation system does not cover.
In some cases, especially accidents suffered in the construction industry, you will be able to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against a third-party defendant even while your workers’ compensation claim is being paid. Our work accident lawyer San Antonio can advise you about all the different payment sources that might be available in your case.
Places that are prone to workplace accidents
Though workplace accidents can happen in numerous places, there are some places where a significant ratio of overall workplace accidents happens every year. IF you consult a reputed workplace injury attorney San Antonio for your case, they can assist in every type of workplace accident.
Take a look at some of these where you can be more at risk of facing workplace injuries. It is better to be extra cautious if you work in any of these following industries/ places;
- The construction industry
- Manufacturing and production industries.
- Installation, maintenance, and repair industries.
- Service industries, like police officers and firefighters, are more prone.
- The transportation and shipping industries. Many long-haul trucking and delivery drivers get injured.
Common Workplace Accident Injuries
Workplace accidents can happen in any working environment. However, some industries present a higher risk of workplace injuries than others. Among the top five industries where workers are likely to suffer an injury are:
- Muscle strains and sprains can result from slip and fall, and heavy weight lifting.
- Broken bones- It results from falling with more intensity. When a person falls from more height, slips while traveling at high speed, or other transportation accidents.
- Concussions from falling.
- Repetitive strain injuries.
- Inhaling toxic fumes
- Damage to hearing power due to more exposure to above than normal sounds at the workplace.
- Burns due to harmful chemicals, hot surfaces, and electrical lines.
The Workers’ Compensation program intends to help workplace accident victims and their family members. An experienced workplace injury attorney San Antonio can help you file a strong claim with all valid documents and getting compensation. If you have been injured at the workplace, it is your right to compensate for the loss, injuries, and other damages due to it. This program will help pay for all the amount you spent for treatment, including test reports, medicines, vehicle damage, or other losses.
There are many norms that every employer has to follow for the employee’s safety. You must know that Failing to carry the necessary and mandatory workers’ compensation insurance can result in a lawsuit. And this can turn very harmful for the employer.
Simultaneously, the worker or employee who got injured in the workplace also has to follow certain norms. The worker has the full right to fight for their right by filing a workers’ compensation claim.
Talk to a work injury attorney San Antonio for better insights and legal help.
Khattar Law, LLC is helping work injury claimants for more than 25 years. We know the complexities of different types of workplace accidents and can handle such claims appropriately.
If you or someone in your family has suffered a severe injury on the job, talk to our lawyers and know your rights. Contact Khattar Law, LLC for a free consultation about your rights in case of workplace accidents.