San Antonio Dog Bite Attorneys
Dog bite injuries are one of the most common types of personal injury claims, and many dog bite victims are unaware that they may be entitled to compensation. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries resulting from a dog bite, you may qualify for financial compensation for your damages.
Dog bite injuries can often require expensive special care and medical attention. If you have been involved in such an accident, contact a San Antonio dog bite lawyer to seek monetary compensation. At Khattar Law, LLC, our skillful personal injury attorneys efficiently handle dog bite claims efficiently, and we apply a unique strategy for every case. Our years of experience in this field have equipped us to handle the most complex dog bite injury claims.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding how the dog bite occurred, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. To learn more, consult an experienced San Antonio dog bite attorney at Khattar Law, LLC, to discuss your case.
Dog Bite Injury Liability
Although the laws regarding dog bite injuries differ from state to state, the dog owner is usually held liable for the injury if the owner is reckless or negligent. Any person in possession of the dog may also be liable. If you have suffered a dog bite injury, you may have a personal injury case against the dog’s owner and other parties.
In Texas, there are two types of liability for dog bite injuries depending on the circumstances: strict liability and negligence. A dog owner is strictly liable, which means the dog’s owner is responsible for their dog’s attack even if the owner took all necessary precautions to avoid an injury, if the dog’s owner knew that the dog had dangerous propensities compared to other dogs.
If a dog without any known dangerous propensities causes a dog bite injury, a dog’s owner may be liable for negligent handling of the animal. Under personal injury law, negligence is a failure to act with reasonable care. For instance, some owners may exhibit negligence when they fail to use a leash or keep a dog fenced, allowing it to go wild and injure others.
Dog bite lawyers at Khattar Law in San Antonio are knowledgeable of the Texas laws concerning dog attack statutes and can help you determine liability.
Compensation for Dog Bite Injuries
Experienced San Antonio dog bite attorneys can help you receive full compensation for your injuries, including emotional distress. While searching for a reputable attorney for a dog bite injury, it is important to consider their experience with personal injury claims involving dog bites.
After suffering a dog bite injury, you may be legally entitled to compensation for:
● Medical bills – The common expense included within compensatory damages is medical bills, including your medications, treatments, and surgical procedures. A dog bite victim with a pre-existing condition may also receive compensation if the injuries sustained from the dog bite aggravated the pre-existing condition.
● Lost income – In some cases, your injuries may make it difficult or impossible for you to work. You may be entitled to reimbursement for earnings you have lost and earnings you are likely to lose during your recovery. If the injury further inhibits your ability to earn a living, your dog bite attorney can help you receive the appropriate compensation.
● Pain and suffering – A dog bite can cause physical pain, as well as emotional and mental trauma. In some instances, dog bite victims may be entitled to compensation for all pain and suffering that the injury caused.
● Multiple damages – If a dog has been declared dangerous, the owner may have to pay double or triple the amount of damages. For instance, some dogs may have already attacked a person. Even if the first attack were minor, the dog owner could be held liable.
● Punitive damages – An owner’s reckless behavior or conduct can lead to the award of punitive damages, which are designed to punish the owner for failure to take care when the owner knew the danger the dog posed to others. They also serve as a deterrent to similar behavior in the future.
The amount of compensation awarded is based on the facts of every case. A San Antonio dog bite lawyer can help you determine the best course of action in your unique matter.
Choosing a San Antonio Dog Bite Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered a dog bite injury, it is important to consult with a lawyer who has extensive experience in dog bite cases. It is advisable to work with a law firm, like Khattar Law, that works on a contingency basis. On a contingency basis, there are no legal fees unless we successfully secure the compensation owed to you.
Hiring a dog bite injury attorney in San Antonio can be a daunting process. Ask the necessary questions and evaluate a prospective attorney’s experience, reviews, and communication skills.
The experienced San Antonio personal injury attorneys at Khattar Law, LLC, can help you recover financially and achieve the settlement you deserve. Contact us at 210-923-1234 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced dog bite injury lawyer today.