When You Should Hire A Guadalupe County Car Accident Lawyer
There are many reasons people hire legal help after an accident. Paperwork can become very complex. Insurance companies may contest various injuries and events. One of the main reasons people hire attorneys after a car accident is due to personal injury.
Personal injury refers to a specific legal class of injuries. These injuries occur as a result of somebody else’s negligence. To prove this negligence, the victim must demonstrate a chain of causation, the breach of a legal duty and damages. Establishing liability can be very time-consuming. It can also be confusing.
If you have endured a personal injury in Guadalupe County, you should focus on recovery. You should not be worrying about the nuances of personal injury law. This is why you should immediately consult with a Car Accident Lawyer in Guadalupe County who has handled many car accident cases in the past.
Common Reasons Behind Car Accidents
Many car accidents happen every day. Some are simply minor fender-benders and a few are fatal. The drivers exchange information and then they go their separate ways. Then there are severe car accidents. These accidents can lead to lasting terrible injuries. In some cases, drivers or passengers get killed. Life can change in an instant following these severe crashes.
What if the injured party is unable to work? What if they are unable to perform basic, daily functions? In some instances, the injuries sustained gradually get worse. Property damages can be huge. Families may be impacted by these severe problems too.
Here are some of the common reasons behind car accidents;
- Distracted driving- This has been one of the leading causes for decades now. Drivers get distracted when they attend calls, check text messages, groom, read, or eat while driving. People must focus on driving more than anything else to prevent a car accident due to any distraction.
- Drunk Driving- The accidents due to drunk drivers can result in fatal injuries and damages. To prevent drunk driving accidents, avoid driving. Hire a taxi or Uber to drive you to your destination if you are drunk.
- Driving over the Speed Limit- Speeding is the second most common cause of auto accidents The High Price Of Speeding (forbes.com). So it would help if you took care of the speed limits while driving without a miss.
- Reckless Driving- Some of the most horrible car accidents happened due to negligent or reckless driving, like speeding well over the limit, changing lanes too quickly, acting aggressively while driving, etc.
- Heavy Rainfall- The visibility range decreases to a great extent when it rains heavily. The road becomes slippery too. Hence, you must drive carefully and maintain a safe speed while driving on a rainy day.
- Running Red Lights- Don’t ever try to run through red lights because it can turn fatal for you and many others on the road.
- Design or Manufacturing Defects- flaws in your car can also result in an accident. So, don’t miss the chance to take your car in for regular maintenance in a timely manner.
- Tailgating- Driving too closely to the vehicle in front of you can be hazardous. So, you should keep a safe distance to prevent car accidents.
- Wrong-way driving- A lot of people take wrong turns and give wrong indicators while driving. This makes them face car accidents resulting in severe injuries.
- Drugs- Driving under the influence of any drugs is a punishable offense. Fatal car accidents happen when you drive under the influence of any drug.
If you face a car accident due to any of the above or other reasons, you may qualify for compensation without being at fault. Consider filing an injury claim with the help of an experienced lawyer.